In this edition of Freebie Frenzy, we've got an entire bundle of top quality plugins for you to enjoy. See the press release below for more information on the brand new freebie pack from Blue Cat Audio, with a pretty hefty list of improvements, new plugins, and more. Great stuff!
This release mainly brings new plug-ins to the bundle (dual channel EQ, stereo phaser), as well as completely redesigned versions of the existing plug-ins: new user interfaces, a new presets management system, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, many new presets, Windows AAX support, and much more (details below).
The plug-ins are available for download for free as a single bundle or separately on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
What's new in Blue Cat's Freeware Pack II:
– New Plug-ins included:
* A dual channels EQ is now included in Blue Cat's Triple EQ, with both left/right and mid/side capabilities.
* The stereo version of Blue Cat's Phaser is now free and included.
– Streamlined plug-ins collection: plug-ins have been grouped together for simpler install and usage.
– New features:
* New user interface.
* New integrated presets manager:
+ Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
+ Organize presets with folders.
+ Customize the default preset.
+ Exchange presets easily.
* Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
* Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
* AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
* Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
* The plug-ins now appears in the appropriate category in Pro Tools ("Dynamics", "EQ" or "Modulation").
* Changed the default VST install path on Windows.
* Improved default response curve for automation and MIDI control.
* Added new presets.
* Improved value display in fine edit window.
* Improved user manual.
-Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
* Reduced VST plug-in loading time.
* Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
* More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
* Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
* Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
* Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab 7 on Mac.